This blog will make you understand how streaming in an OBS Studio gives a better user experience with their easy-to-use tools. We have made sure that this blog helps you to reach for the best understanding. OBS has always been an amazing support to the live streamers for its quality and simplicity. Even a person with no knowledge can get involved with its use easily by carefully reading this blog. Stay tuned, you are learning something new!
Everything you need to know to set up your stream in OBS Studio.
OBS is a disciplinary tool guiding you to support a video to stream live over applications for gaming, education, product launching, announcements, training, and more. For all such activities to go smooth and without any technical glitch, one needs to formulate the stream over with the help of OBS.it was initially developed and introduced by Hugh ‘Jim’ Bailey in 2012 and claimed it to be a free space for the users. The best part that comes in OBS is that it is free of cost. Later on, in 2021, it got a stable release for the users. It may be said that OBS comes with a complicated process but in reality, it is simple to use
What is OBS?
OBS is an acronym for Open Broadcaster Software. It is a software that allows users to stream live over Zujonow, Youtube, Twitch, and other streaming applications in a very simple and user-friendly way. OBS enables the user to screen record their computers for personal use too.
How to set up your RTMP URL and Stream key on OBS
There is a very specific way to configure the OBS Studio settings for live streaming. To simplify the process, follow the steps below
- The very initial step- open your preferred browser, i.e., chrome or Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer, and visit the OBS Studio.
- Download the application from the browser and Install OBS
- When you look at the screen, there you find various activities. For the initial start with- an Add Button.
- This add button makes you add your recorded, captured screen, and webcam activity to the OBS.
- If you're streaming console games, then you'll need to add your capture card, as a source in OBS.
- Whether you're streaming console or PC, you'll probably also want to add a webcam, to make it look live. Let people, here the viewers see your beautiful face while you play or make some other important activity to inform or announce. This makes the streaming lively.
- Click the + button in the sources box in the main window.
- Select Window Capture from your library.
- Name it. This makes it easier to identify or locate in your sources list.
Set Audio in OBS
As you noticed above, OBS also allows users to set up the audio. The audio comprises two such components
- Input Audio- Mic / Aux
- Output Audio -Desktop audio
- The Input Audio is a Mic / Aux which enables users to cast their sound into the PC. For instance, whenever we speak through the PC mic or any external device, we give OBS an input array. The audio input can be adjusted with the volume
- The Output Audio is the Desktop Audio, which the computer generates. You can add this into your OBS altogether with the input array.
- You can adjust the volumes according to your desired need.
- It will reflect on the screen.
- In the same way, you can add texts and images to your streaming setup. Add input text to the setup and then you add text and image.
- The screen shows a flow of activities as we add in the source.
- It should be in a sequential format, to make it displayed in the correct form.
- After adding up the sources
- Click OK. Proceed
- Let’s step ahead for the next activity in this engaging OBS
- Choose your window from the window drop-down box.
- Make the desired settings
- Click OK.
- Open the OBS Studio settings by clicking the “Settings” button in the bottom-right area of the application window.
The first tab, labeled “General,” doesn’t have anything too critical to review. However, here, you can choose your language and select a light or dark theme.
- Now, click on the next tab labeled “Stream” in the OBS Studio settings window
For “Stream Type,” you should see “Custom…” by default. If not, please select it.
- The further step is, you need to enter the data provided by your service provider.
- Paste your RTMP URL and stream key into the box labelled as such
- Click Apply and OK
- Click start streaming in the main window
- You will be able to see your streaming video on the main screen with your adjusted sound
- Click stop streaming to stop the stream
The streaming is just before your eyes, making you shine!
This is how you can stream live over Zujonow, YouTube, Twitch, and other streaming apps with the help of OBS.
OBS is an interesting software as it enables one to learn streaming which has become so very popular in recent times. OBS long back was seemed to be one of the complicated devices as it lacked the idea of easy tutorials.
This tutorial makes the tech-reader understand OBS in a very simple and easy-to-use method. OBS turns out to be a useful tool for game streamers as this has been among the trendiest topics over the streaming apps.
That makes OBS important for live streamers.
Thanks for reading!